“Besides consuming these natural remedies to improve your memory, you can practice mental exercises like memorizing a list of objects, doing sudoku or crossword puzzles to stimulate our brain.”
Are you forgetting where your keys are, who you should call or why you got up from your office? You have trouble remembering important things, remembering the information you need on a daily basis, etc.? If so, read the rest of this article, we will introduce you with the best natural remedies to improve your memory.
The causes of the lack of memory
It is not just the elderly who suffer from memory problems. Sometimes young people and adults also have difficulty remembering certain things. They also forget their bag name, or what they studied the day before. Various factors can explain these memory problems: work demands, personal worries, or obviously stress.
However, we may have memory somewhat “confused” for other reasons:
Some medications, such as antihistamines, anesthetics, diet pills, and medications to regulate blood pressure soothe the brain, making us forget certain details of everyday life.
It can be pregnancy, menopause or other hormonal changes (also due to medication), but this is normal.
Lack of sleep
You may have already noticed that when you do not get enough sleep, you find it hard to remember certain information. Your memory and your reflexes are altered. Try to avoid insomnia, sleep less than six hours a day, or go out until the early morning, etc.
People with high blood pressure are more likely to suffer cognitive damage and memory impairment from age 45 onwards. This is because the small cerebral arteries become fragile.
Home Remedies to Improve your Memory
If you have problems remembering certain things, read carefully the following home treatments that will help you improve your memory:
- Drink a sage infusion every day (add a handful of dried leaves for each cup of water.) Boil, then let infuse with a lid, let the beverage cool a little before drinking.
- Drink an infusion of rosemary sweetened with honey (same procedure as before, just add a spoonful of bees honey before drinking).
- Eat three dried apricots, three plums and three almonds each day.
- Consume a dose of nuts for nine consecutive days. Eat six on the first day, then increase the amount little by little until eating fifteen on the last day.
- Add fresh ginger (grated or thinly sliced) to your dishes, such as salads, soups, creams, sauces, etc. You can also consume it in the form of tea. But do not overdo it, because it raises blood pressure.
- Eat a red apple every day with your skin.
- Consume a spoonful of beer yeast mixed with a spoonful of pollen and a spoonful of soy lecithin (you’ll find it all in natural health stores).
- Mix a spoonful of sugar, one of royal jelly, and a spoonful of pollen in a cup of soy milk. Mix well, and drink every morning, lukewarm or cold.
- Prepare a delicious juice for the memory using 125 grams of dates, 250 grams of figs and three carrots. Stir to the blender until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Filter, and drink at breakfast on an empty stomach preferably.
- Prepare a smoothie consisting of a cup of water, two peeled almonds, an orange juice, three walnuts, and a mango juice (with the pulp to make the beverage creamy). Go to the blender, then drink every morning.
- Mix five grams of each of the following ingredients: mint, basil, raspberries, millefeuille, and mauve. Place in a saucepan with a cup of water, then boil for a few minutes. Allow to cool, then filter. Drink this infusion every night before going to bed for two consecutive weeks. Then, stop this “treatment” for a fortnight, then repeat.
- Boil a liter of water, and then add 7 spoonfuls of aniseed. Lower the heat to a minimum, and then boil again until only 700 ml of water remains in the pan. Filter, and then add four spoons of honey. Drink two cups of this infusion three times a day to help your memory.